This spring marks the Webby Awards’ 20th year honoring the internet’s biggest stars. As announced Tuesday, the landmark round includes A-list nominations for the likes of Michelle Obama, Rihanna, One Direction, and James Corden.
The winners will be announced April 26, ahead of the May 16 ceremony in New York City. Judges include Jimmy Kimmel, Questlove, Internet inventor Vint Cerf, and more, but fans can vote in the Webby People’s Voice Awards category through April 21.
What do Tinder, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, and the Ice Bucket Challenge have in common? They’re all winners of the 19th Annual Webby Awards, the awards show announced Monday.
Each year, the Webby Awards honor the best in websites, advertising and media, online film and video, mobile sites and apps, and social media. The International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences (IADAS)—including judges of Conan O’Brien, Arianna Huffington, YouTube sensation Freddie Wong, and internet inventor Vint Cerf—elected the winners.
- 'GOTG 2' director James Gunn says Baby Groot isn't a marketing ploy
- Tim Miller on his 'Deadpool 2' exit: 'Don't believe what you read'
- Carrie Fisher feels 'guilty' over publicity of Harrison Ford affair
- Dwayne Johnson has been milking his 'Sexiest Man Alive' title at home
- Kirk Douglas celebrates 100th birthday with lavish party
- Kesha delivers emotional 'Billboard' Trailblazer award speech
- Dwayne Johnson surprises military family and makes Jimmy Fallon cry