A peek into Scientology, a miniseries about accused murderer Robert Durst, and two celebrity biopics were among the nine honorees in the Peabody Awards’ documentary and educational category.
No medium could ever quite contain the multitudes of Ms. Nina Simone, the brilliant, volatile, and blazingly gifted singer and civil rights activist. Liz Garbus’ documentary is no exception, but it does offer an excellently clear-eyed primer on the woman whose talent carried her from an impoverished childhood in Tryon, N.C., to the world’s most rarefied stages—and whose political defiance nearly ended her career.
- Malcolm Gladwell is Gucci Mane's 'favorite author'
- 5 scariest lines from Elena Ferrante's creepy children's book
- 'The Walking Dead': Sneak peek clip shows the Kingdom
- The Chainsmokers and Halsey drop steamy music video for 'Closer'
- #TrumpaNovel Trump-ifies your favorite books
- Samira Wiley throws back to the '90s in 'Lip Sync Battle' clip
- Joanna Newsom shares new song 'Make Hay'