Juan Antonio Bayona has departed as director of World War Z 2 due to a scheduling conflict, Paramount Pictures confirmed to EW.
The studio intends to shoot the sequel to the 2013 Brad Pitt zombie thriller in time for a June 2017 theatrical release, but Bayona looks to be tied up with his just-wrapped fantasy-drama A Monster Calls.
Paramount’s World War Z sequel is undead and kicking. The follow-up to the 2013 thriller starring Brad Pitt as a former U.N. troubleshooter called upon to halt a zombie pandemic has enlisted Dennis Kelly to work on a new draft of the script, EW has confirmed.
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- 'Major League' star Margaret Whitton dies at 67
- 'Supergirl': Will we ever meet Earth-1 Kara Danvers?
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 3' delayed until 2019
- 'The Flash' winter finale will change the direction of the show
- ANOHNI urges president to release Chelsea Manning
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday